Download:Telex Aviation Catalog 2020Airman8+ Data SheetAirman 8+ Customer Maintenance ManualAirman8+ Operation Manual
The Telex Airman 8+ ANR Aviation Headset is a lightweight noise-reducing headset designed specifically for optimizing pilot communications in commercial and business turbine aircraft..
Building on the tradition of the Airman 850 and the Airman 8, the Telex Airman 8+ has improved ANR capability and comfort. The Airman 8+ is among the lightest Active Noise Reduction headsets on the market and one of only three FAA TSO C139a approved ANR headsets to utilize Telex’s proprietary battery-free system. Larger pliable ear cushions and headband pad combined with dual axis ear cup pivots to provide long flight wearing comfort. Up to 40% more Noise Reduction vs. Airman 8!
Note: An active intercom or Hot Mic is needed to fully power the ANR on this Telex aviation headset.
Note: The Telex Airman 8+ ANR Aviation Headsets are not designed for General Aviation / Propeller Aircraft. They are designed for the Commercial Aviation / Corporate Jet market.
Telex Airman 8+ ANR Headset Highlights:
- Flexible boom-mounted microphone, positionable for right- or left-side use
- Light-weight, battery-free ANR with onboard fail-safe to ensure constant communication
- Larger soft leatherette ear cushions and headband pad
- Almost 40% more Noise Reduction vs. Airman 8
- Stainless steel headband and pivot points for superior durability
- FAA TSO C139a approved
- 3-Year Warranty
- Telex Airman 8+ ANR Headset Features:
Active Noise Reduction
- Utilizes noise measurement inside and outside the ear cup to achieve improved active noise reduction.
- Up to 40% more Noise Reduction vs. Airman 8!
- Larger ear cushions improve overall acoustic seal for better passive noise reduction.
- Uses no batteries, yet achieves comparable performance to that of competitor headsets that require batteries. ANR powered off the microphone
Comfort and Usability
- Larger, more comfortable Head Pad (Smaller Head Pad Available)
- Larger Leatherette Ear Cushions improve the acoustic seal for better passive noise reduction
- Glider Arms angled inward for better fit
- Ear-cup rotation limiters improve stability
- New, larger Headset Case with foam center-support
- Flexible Boom-mounted mic may be positioned on left or right side
- Proprietary design uses cockpit power for ANR
- Improved ANR over Airman 8 but same power usage
- Lighter weight than other professional headsets
FAA TSO Approval
- The Airman 8+ headset is fully FAA TSO C-139a compliant
- Meets RTCA DO 160G and DO 214A standards (more stringent than ARINC)
- Color: Black and stainless steel
- Cord Length: 6 ft (1.8288 m) [ +/-4in (+/-10cm) ]
- Ear Seals: Leatherette
- FAA TSO Approvals: C-139a approved
- Frequency Response: 315-3150 Hz (per RTCA DO-214a)
- Headphone Impedance: 600 Ohm
- Connector Type: Standard 2-Plug PJ Connectors
- Microphone Frequency Response: 100 – 10000 Hz (per RTCA DO-214a)
- Microphone Sensitivity: -28 dBV/Pa
- Microphone Type: Noise-canceling amplified electret
- Power: via boom microphone connection
- Power Requirements: requires boom microphone to be powered continuously via the panel
- Speaker Sensitivity: Normal: 92 +/- 5 dB SPL/mW, High: 98 +/- 5 dB SPL/mW, (per RTCA DO-214a)
- Headphones Type: Dynamic
- Weight: 4.4 oz (125 g) (wearing weight)
- Warranty: 3 Years
What's in the Box:
- Telex Airman 8+ Headset - 2 Plugs
- Telex Headset Case
- Clothing Clip
- 1 Large Headpad
- 1 Small Headpad
- 2 Mic Muffs
- 1 Pair Hygiene Covers